At the Blue Ocean Life, giving back to the community is our most important core value. 10% of profits from every purchase support mental health causes. As our first partner, we’ve chosen to support to the International Surf Therapy Organization (ISTO). Here’s some background on the organization.
What is Surf Therapy?
Surf therapy is a method of intervention that combines surf instruction/surfing and structured individual and/or group activities to promote psychological, physical and psychosocial well-being.
ISTO leverages the power of partnership and the ocean to advocate for surf therapy to be used globally to improve mental and physical health and to make a collective effort to enable more access to safe evidence-based surf therapy.
ISTO envisions a society where surf therapy is universally accessible through prescription and supported financially by healthcare organizations.
- Provide access to surf therapy for people who are mentally, physically or socially disadvantaged.
- Build a research and evidence base to showcase global innovations in surf therapy.
- Build a gold standard, high quality surf therapy interventions servicing various vulnerable populations, prioritizing marginalized communities.
- Mentor upcoming surf therapy program for inclusion into the ISTO network and provide resources.
- Highlight the benefits of being in Nature and its therapeutic interventions.
- Promote surf therapy access to landlocked areas using new wave pool technology and expansion in lakes and rivers