- What do you do for a living?
I am a Life Coach and Hypnosis practitioner. I help women manage their chronic pain and anxiety through hypnosis and relaxation from a holistic side of things.
- How did you start your remote work journey?
Due to my history with chronic illness and chronic pain, I found that working at a 9-5 job quite tiring, physically and emotionally. I guess in a way remote was the only option for me to continue working.
- What have you learned working from home?
There are quite a few pros and cons to working from home: I personally really enjoy it, but have found it hard at times to say motivated. I learned how to push myself by making a daily routine and the importance of routine and how it helps with motivation and a positive mindset.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted almost every part of the economy and our daily lives. What challenges have you encountered both personally and professionally? How have you weathered these challenges?
Being in the coaching business, which I love, one can experience a lot of ups and downs. I believe that just like every other business there are challenges up. Having said that, in these times we have all seen how important mental health is, so more and more people are seeking guidance, On a personal level, things have actually been pretty stable. I guess I am one of those people that generally prefers to stay indoors and watch movies. This is a really difficult time and yes, it has affected all of us, some more than others, but we have to remember to try and be patient. This too shall pass.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has created an increased sense of fear, depression, and isolation. How have you been able to get through pandemic-related anxiety and stress issues?
As a coach that focuses on mental health, I try to practice all the tools and tricks I have learned over the years. Stress is a normal part of our lives, we just need to remember that it does not control us, rather we can control it.
- What are your best mental health tips?
Something I always tell my clients is to take time for themselves, even if it is just for 15 minutes a day. Self-care is very important, not only does it help us relax and feel calmer but also helps build up our confidence. Another one would be to not underestimate the power of talking to someone or even writing down your thoughts. When doing so, it is life and a weight has been lifted from your chest and we remember that we are not alone.
- Before the pandemic hit, you may have worked in an office or corporate setting, but what do you foresee happening now? How do you see companies allowing employees to work?
Even before the pandemic hit, I mostly worked online, only for a few clients, I would meet at their place or even a café for our sessions. I believe that there will be more and more people working from home, or at least be given the choice. At the same time we must not forget the importance of socializing for our health.
- Do you believe that remote work is the future?
To be honest, I am not sure, I do believe there will be more and more remote jobs available, still a lot of jobs will want to go back to the way things were.
- How do you think COVID will shape the future of business?
Covid has changed a lot of things, and even though I believe we will go back to some kind of normal, things have changed.
- How can readers get in touch with you?
Please feel free to contact me through my website
or through social media:
Shop our Blue Ocean Life clothing designs and help raise awareness for natural ways to improve physical & mental health.